Today marks the opening of the newest craft brewery in Raleigh: Raleigh Brewing Company. It’s sort of funny. By now you’d think someone else would have already chosen this name as there is no shortage of breweries springing up in the area.
The beer line up looks interesting. To be honest I’m surprised to see three English inspired beers (ESB, Porter, Scottish Ale) in an opening line up. I’ll likely try the ESB named “City of Blokes” as I’m assuming they see their strong point in English styles.
The test batch ratings are available already on Untappd. This may be a great way to decide what you’d like to sample if you are able to drop in. However, keep in mind that early tasters are probably looking at a beer with more of a critical palate than they would if they were simply dropping in for a drink. Here is the data logged by the tasters:
- City of Blokes Test Batch (ESB): 3.53/5 Stars
- Blatherskite Test Batch (Scottish Ale): Not Listed
- House of Clay Test Batch(Rye IPA): 3.65/5 Stars
- HellYesMa’am Test Batch (Belgian Golden): Not Listed
- Coffee Porter (May be Hidden Pipe Test Batch) (Porter): 3.63/5 Stars
- The Uncommon (May be Uncommon Curiosity Test Batch) (Blonde Lager): 3.64/5 Stars
At this time it looks like untappd is the only popular online beer location which has Raleigh Brewing Company beers listed. Beer Advocate and Ratebeer didn’t return any results though I’m pretty sure this will change today.